It’s hard to be objective when it comes to figuring out whether you or your loved one has a problem with drinking. Emotions run high, rationalizations and denials lead to confusion and it can seem hard...
To promote and enhance addiction professionals and providers in areas of treatment, education, prevention and advocacy
Education, Treatment, Prevention
- Takes the lead in the State of Louisiana as an Approved Educational Provider (AEP) through the Addictive Disorders Regulatory Authority (ADRA) by providing educational workshops year round and throughout the State on various topics related to Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance Abuse Counseling, Compulsive Gambling Counseling,Professional Ethics, and Clinical Supervision
- Sponsors an annual Conference which provides continuing education opportunities by nationally and internationally known speakers as well as in-state experts.
- Contracts with Addictive Disorders Regulatory Authority (ADRA) to administer tests for certification candidates to ensure that applicants meet all requirements and are competent to serve the public.
- Works closely with the Addictive Disorders Regulatory Authority of the Office for Addictive Disorders to ensure that appropriate standards are set and enforced in the field of Addiction Counseling.
- Keeps a close watch on proposed legislation that impacts the field of Addiction Counseling and Addiction Professionals in Louisiana and nationally.
Affiliation with International Credentialing & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
“LASACT is a proud member of IC&RC, which protects the public by establishing standards and facilitating reciprocity for the credentialing of addiction-related professionals. The largest organization of its kind, IC&RC represents more than 40,000 professionals worldwide.”
BECOME A LASACT MEMBER TODAY!
Come Experience professional growth and development.
Marolon Mangham, MBA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Danna Spayde, MSW
Executive Assistant/LACT Director
Email : email@example.com
LASACT ’16 was a tremendous success, and planning has already begun for LASACT ’17, which will again be held in Baton Rouge with Shreveport acting as the host city. The Planning Committee is already working to produce another great Conference for you.Register
*Distance Learning Classes*
Louisiana Association of Substance Abuse Counselors and Trainers is pleased to have partnered with the Distance Learning Center for Addiction Studies to offer online distance learning coursework to individuals seeking credentialing as well as counselors needing continuing education credit.
Click below for Information on DLCAS Classes for Certification and Recertification Hours
Test Preparation Workshop schedule for 2017 is as follows:
- March 4 – Registration deadline is February 25
- June 17 – Registration deadline is June 10
- October 7 – Registration deadline is September 30
Workshops will be canceled if fewer than 3 people register by Registration Deadline Dates. See Education Tab for flyer and registration information on Test Prep and DSM 5 Workshops.
From the Blog
LASACT '16 was a tremendous success, and planning has already begun for LASACT '17, which will again be held in Baton Rouge with Shreveport acting as the host city. The Planning Committee is already working to produce another great Conference for you. Check "Annual Conference"...